As a naturopathic doctor, I am a strong advocate for having very thorough lab tests done. The reason for this is to unearth the root cause of disease. I always request that you bring copies of any lab work that you may have to your Initial Visit – if that’s not possible, then I will order a Records Request from your MD or suggest appropriate lab work to be done during your visit. Testing actually takes the guesswork out of both accurate diagnosis and treatment, and helps me to narrow down your treatment options.
Here are the many different types of tests that we can order and interpret: (Please note that conventional testing can be done through your MD which is covered by MSP. If ordered by a Naturopathic Doctor, fees will apply)
- Standard / Conventional screening tests: Complete blood count, Hormone tests (Progesterone, Estradiol, LH, FSH, DHEAs, HcG, DHT, Androstenodione), Liver and Kidney function tests (AST, ALT, GGT, Bilirubin, urea, creatinine), thorough Thyroid tests (TSH, T3/4, Thyroid antibodies), Adrenal Function tests (testosterone, cortisol), Diabetes testing (HbA1C, FPG, glucose tolerance), Hematology (Ferritin, Iron, Sat. ratio, B12, folic acid), urine testing, and more.
- Specialized testing that conventional medicine does not offer: include blood, urine, hair, breath and saliva testing options. A few of these tests are conducted onsite, while most require a sample collection either in-house or take home, which is then processed and shipped out for analysis by one of our trusted diagnostic companies.
All tests are different, and depending on what tests are recommended and ordered, your Naturopathic Physician may send you out to your local LifeLabs with a requisition for a blood draw. In most cases, we also work in conjunction with your MD or other health providers to receive testing that you have already completed.
Some of our Standardized and Specialty Tests include:
- Sex Hormone levels
- Male and Female Wellness panels
- Cholesterol levels
- CDSA – Parasite, Bacteria, Intestinal Flora, and GI function
- Kidney and Liver Function Tests
- Thyroid function panels
- Complete blood screening
- Rapid Strep Antigen test
- Hematology / Anemia panels
- Genetic (MTHFR / 23 and me / Nutrigenomix)
- PULS Cardiac Test
- Food Panel Sensitivity Testing (via blood collection)
- and more
Some of the In-Office Tests that we can conduct are (but not limited to):
- Urinalysis strip
- Diabetes / Blood Glucose test
- Rapid Strep Antigen test (for poss. Group A Strep diagnosis)
- Pregnancy / HcG
- Zinc Tally (to test for poss. Zinc deficiency)
How do I get Lab Tests done through Dr. Gill’s office?
First, you need to be a patient. No physician can order tests or run lab work without having seen you first in the office. At the end of your first visit, suggestions for appropriate lab work will be given and any associated costs. If appropriate, we will also work with your MD and recruit lab work (if you have had work done) which is covered under MSP.