Acupuncture is a drug-free approach that taps into your body’s communication system in order to re-calibrate itself. Since 2003, Dr. Olena has treated hundreds of people for many common conditions, and the great thing is that acupuncture is useful for both adults and children alike!
We utilize the following approaches to treatment in order to correct patterns of imbalance in the body and promote free flow of energy:
- Painless! needles
- Non-needle: ear seeds, acu-patch, laser, acupressure, trigger point, tui-na
- Moxa, Gua-sha, and Cupping (great for chronic, complex, deeper, long-standing MSK and visceral issues)
- Auricular medicine (the most popular approach for many conditions, pediatrics, or if you are needle phobic)
- Esoteric acupuncture (using gold and silver needles for mind-body-spirit deep core pattern release)
- NADA protocols and “Battlefield” acupuncture (often used in quit smoking, weight loss programs)
- Korean and Japanese acupuncture
- Traditional Chinese (Classical) acupuncture
- Scalp acupuncture
- Facial acupuncture (Cosmetic)
- “Dry” needling (suitable for MSK issues)
Dr. Olena’s belief is that your body already contains all the instructions it needs to heal itself, but sometimes it needs a little push – acupuncture is just the stimulation that is needed to re-calibrate and fine-tune your body’ messaging system, and send the correct instructions for pain release, and good health.
Pain is a Neurological condition – Acupuncture Therapy can assist in addressing it
How long do treatments take?
Average treatment times range from 60 min. (1st visit) to 30 min. (followup), and in many cases, a minimum of 6-12 visits are necessary to achieve noticeable and longer-lasting results. No two patients are alike and no two treatments are alike – there never is any set prescription and therefore no set-in-stone number of treatments. However, we can gauge what a probable amount of treatments would be necessary based on your first visit. Remember(!), acupuncture is not instant – chronic conditions take a long time to reach improvement, therefore it will take a number of treatments to get there. Patience and diligence is key to a successful healing and long-term good health.
What conditions can Acupuncture treat?
The WHO (World Health Organization) has deemed that Acupuncture can treat well over 75 different chronic, complex, and long-standing conditions, in addition to acute situations. Pain, especially lower back pain, headaches, fibromyalgia, and other MSK issues are the most common reasons why people seek acupuncture treatment.
Copyright 2019 Dr. Olena Gill, R.Ac., ND – Indigo Integrative Health